Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

How ya doin'?

It's been quite awhile since my last blog update. As is typical with me, I've had quite a bit to process. I couldn't possibly lay it all out here! Given my wordiness coupled with my natural tendency toward introspection and reflection, it really quite possibly would take a book.

Anyway, since I also have the tendency to process through any medium available to me, I made a conscious decision to hold back on the blogging until I could talk through certain things with my mama. It wouldn't be fair to her to read what I'm going through here on this blog before actually talking to me about it. So! We finally got to google chat and see each other. It was so good! We've only been able to email and send pictures because my horrible internet connections, so last week was wonderful. And as a result, I can now share my updates with the world!

1. I got a nose piercing!
This may not seem all that awesome, but when keloids run in the family and you've never done any piercing of any kind ever, praying and then getting your 1st peircing on your face is pretty epic. Also awesome was the 20% discount  I got because a former student works in the shop and remembered me fondly. Yaaaay. :)

                 1b. I'm just gonna tag on another fun update. Let's just call this one "Oh Snap!"
        While praying with friends and hearing testimonies of people healed of keloids, in the car on my way to the train station (another long story to explain), I mentioned how I was never able to snap with my right hand. We had just believed for me to have no keloid problems with my nose piercing, and then bam! I'm snapping with my right hand. Gotta love God's sense of humor.

2. This may not come as much of a surprise, but I toootally want to be a missionary in Italy. I'm trusting that God is going to make a way for that to happen. I'll update that in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment